A Fake Internet Presence,
Subject: Things You Don't Want to Hear From Tech Support
The Top 12 Things You Don't Want to Hear From Tech Support
- 12> "Do you have a sledgehammer or a brick handy?"
- 11> "...that's right, not even McGyver could fix it."
- 10> "So -- what are you wearing?"
- 9> "Duuuuuude! Bummer!"
- 8> "Looks like you're gonna need some new dilythium crystals,
- 7> "Press 1 for Support. Press 2 if you're with 60 Minutes.
Press 3 if you're with the FTC."
- 6> "We can fix this, but you're gonna need a butter knife,
a roll of duct tape, and a car battery."
- 5> "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
- 4> "In layman's terms, we call that the Hindenburg Effect."
- 3> "Hold on a second... Mom! Timmy's hitting me!"
- 2> "Okay, turn to page 523 in your copy of Dianetics."
- and the Number 1 Thing You Don't Want to Hear From Tech Support...
- 1> "Please hold for Mr. Gates' attorney."
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.