A Fake Internet Presence,
Subject: Internet Addiction
You Know You're an Internet Addict When...
- You find yourself typing 'com' after every period when using a word
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
pulled the plug on a loved one.
- Your start introducing yourself as 'John at I-I-Net dot com.'
- Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
- All of your friends have an @ in their name.
- You can't call your mother - she doesn't have a modem.
- Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.
- You laugh at people with 2400 modems.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.
- You refer to going to the bathroom as [downloading].
- You tell the cab driver you live at:
- Your spouse makes a new rule: 'The computer cannot come to bed.'
- You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
your computer with a commode
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile :-). #:-(
- You turn on your computer and turn off your spouse.
- Your spouse says communication is important in a marriage, so you buy
another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.