A Fake Internet Presence,
From: Barton Warner (warner at gozer.isdn.uiuc.edu)
Subject: Microsoft the AutoMaker
Top Ten Ways Things Would Be Different if Microsoft Built Cars
- A particular model year wouldn't be available until after that
year, instead of before.
- Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to
buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, you'd have
to restart it, and, for some strange reason, you would just accept
- You could only have one person at a time in your car, unless you
bought a car '95 or a car NT, but then you'd have to buy more seats.
- You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car. Wait a
sec, it's that way NOW!
- Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was solar powered, twice
as reliable, 5 times as fast, but only ran on 5% of the roads.
- The oil, alternator, gas, and temperature warning lights would
be replaced with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
- People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft
cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other
brands for years.
- We'd all have to switch to Microsoft Gas (tm).
- Ford, General Motors and Chrysler would all be complaining
because Microsoft was putting a radio (probably an A.M. radio at
that) in all its models.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.