Mike Andrews, W5EGO
How Shit Happens
- In the beginning there was the Plan.
- And then came the Assumptions.
- And the Assumptions were without form.
- And the Plan was without substance.
- And darkness was on the face of the Workers.
- And they spoke among themselves, saying
- "It is a crock of shit, and it stinks".
- And the Workers went unto their Supervisors and said
- "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odor thereof".
- And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying
- "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong,
such that none can abide by it".
- And the Managers went unto their Directors saying
- "It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength".
- And the Directors spoke among themselves, saying one to another
- "It contains that which aids plant growth,
and it is very strong".
- And the Directors went unto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them
- "It promotes growth, and it is very powerful".
- And the Vice Presidents went unto President saying unto him
- "This new Plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of this
company, with powerful effects".
- And the President looked upon the Plan and saw it was good.
- And the Plan became Policy.
- This is how shit happens.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.