A Fake Internet Presence,
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:13:35 +1000
From: "Andrew C. Bulhak" (acb at zikzak.net)
Subject: Go placidly among the noise and haste.... (fwd)
Ineffective Daily Affirmations:
- As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner
- I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of
suspicion and paranoia.
- I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are
someone else's fault.
- I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of
course, I want to stay employed.
- In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
- Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over
- My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgment.
- I can change any thought that hurts into a reality that hurts even
- I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no
personality at all.
- Joan of Arc heard voices, too.
- I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious,
self-righteous people around me.
- I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and
- As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward
me in many ways to keep me quiet.
- When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But not
nearly as gratifying.
- The first step is to say nice things about myself.
- The second, to do nice things for myself.
- The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.
- As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.
- All of me is beautiful and valuable, even the ugly, stupid, and
- I am at one with my duality.
- Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves into knots.
- I will strive to live each day as if it were my 40th birthday.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.