From: Bonni Hall (bonni at prairienet.org)
Subject: The warning signs of insanity
To: FLAT-EARTH Distribution List
The Warning Signs Of Insanity
- Your friends tell you that you have been acting strange lately, and
then you hit them several times with a sledgehammer.
- Everyone you meet appears to have tentacles growing out of places that
you wouldn't expect tentacles to be growing from.
- You start out each morning with a 30-minute jog around the bathroom.
- You write to your mother in Germany every week, even though she
sends you mail from Iowa asking why you never write.
- Every time you see a street sign, you have a tremendous urge to relieve
yourself on it.
- You wear your boxers on your head because you heard it will ward of
evil dandruff spirits.
- You're always having to apologize to your next door neighbor for
setting fire to his lawn decorations.
- Every commercial you hear on the radio reminds you of death.
- People stay away from you whenever they hear you howl.
- Your breath smells more and more like squirrel dung each passing day.
- You laugh out loud during funerals.
- When your doctor tells you to say ah, you yell out "RAPE! RAPE!"
- Nobody listens to you anymore, because they can't understand you
through that scuba mask.
- You begin to stop and consider all of the blades of grass you've
stepped on as a child, and worry that their ancestors are going to one
day seek revenge.
- You have meaningful conversations with your toaster.
- Your father pretends you don't exist, just to play along with your
- You collect dead windowsill flies.
- Everytime the phone rings, you shout, "Hey! An angel just got its
- You like cats. Especially with mayo.
- You scream "I've got a knife!" to people who try to sell you things.
- You scream "I've got a knife!" to people at your family reunion.
- You cry at the end of every episode of Gilligan's Island, because
they weren't rescued.
- You put tennis balls in the microwave to see if they'll hatch.
- Whenever you listen to the radio, the music sounds backwards.
- You have a predominant fear of fabric softener.
- You wake up each morning and find yourself sitting on your head in
the middle of your front lawn.
- Your dentist asks you why each individual tooth has your name etched
on it, and you tell him it's for security reasons.
- Melba toast excites you.
- When the waiter asks for your order, you ask to go into another room
to tell him, because "the napkins have ears."
- You tend to agree with everything your mother's dead uncle tells you.
- Every time you see the commercial for the Hair Club For Men, you think
to yourself, "I think I'll kill the pope today."
- You call up random people and ask if you can borrow their dog, just for
a few minutes.
- Your main goal in life is to become the president of Bulemia.
- Nearly everything you say involves the word, "P-toing!"
- You argue with yourself about which is better, to be eaten by a koala
or to be loved by an infectious disease.
- You like to sit in cornfields for prolonged periods of time, and
pretend that you're a stalk.
- You think that exploding wouldn't be so bad, once you got used to it.
- You try to make a list of the Warning Signs of Insanity. (cough)
- People offer you help, but you unfortunately interpret this as a
violation of your rights as a boysenberry.
- You like reading lists like this. :)
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.