From: Hai N Tang (tangent at uclink2.berkeley.edu)
Subject: ABOI: Why College is better than High School
Forwarded from a friend of a friend...
High School Vs College
- In high school, you do homework. In college, you study.
- No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college, food must
be provided at an event before students will come.
- In high school, you wear your backpack on one shoulder; in college, on
- In college, the professors can tell you the answer without looking at
the teacher's guide.
- In college, there are no bells or tardy slips.
- In high school, you have to live with your parents. In college, you
get to live with your friends.
- In college, you don't have to wait in a certain lunch line to be
- Only nerds e-mailed in high school. (Cool kids hadn't heard of it.)
- In high school, you're told what classes to take. In college, you
get to choose; that is, as long as the classes don't conflict and you
have the prerequisites and the classes aren't closed and you've paid
- In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk your way
out of it. In college, you're lucky to ever talk with the professor.
- In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in
college, by the drunk frat boys on their way home when the bars close.
- In college, any test consists of a larger percentage of your grade
than your high school final exams ever did.
- In high school, when the teacher said, "Good morning," you mumbled
back. In college, when the professor says, "Good morning," you write
- In high school, freshman guys hit on senior girls. In college,
senior guys hit on freshman girls.
- In college, weekends start on Thursday.
- In college, it's much more difficult to figure out the course
schedule of the man/woman you have a crush on, in order to figure out
where he/she will be walking around campus and at what time to find
- Once you've obtained the information described in #16, it's much more
time-consuming to run between classes to that place where you know
he/she will be in order to "just happen to bump into him/her."
- In college, there's no one to tell you not to eat pizza three meals a
- In college, your dad doesn't pay for dates.
- In high school, it never took 3 or 4 weeks to get money from Mom and
- College men are cuter than high school boys.
- College women are legal.
- In college, when you miss a class (or two or three), you don't need a
note from your parents saying you were skip....uh, sick that day.
- In high school, you can't go out to lunch because it's not allowed.
In college, you can't go out to lunch because you can't afford it.
- In college, you can blow off studying by writing lists like this.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.